Monday 8 September 2014

Project Life: One approach

I thought I would do a quick post on one way you can tackle your memory keeping. This would work best if you take lots of photos, want to document the “everyday” or simply enjoy scrapbooking on a regular basis.

In this instance, I’ve used two pages and created a weekly spread. I’ve gathered a selection of photos from the week and journalled about what we did over the course of the week. Keep this up for a full year and imagine the wonderful and detailed album you would have documenting your daily life.

2014-09-08 14.38.49

To create this project I started by slipping in the photos, then added the stories. I used additional cards to fill in the empty spots. Notice I’m not too worried about the pages being matchy-matchy. The great thing about the Project Life sets is they all coordinate, so you don’t have to think about picking the perfect paper. (Which is something that always slows me down in traditional scrapbooking!)

2014-09-08 14.39.24

When I first heard of this style of scrapbooking, I have to admit the first thing I thought was, “A layout every week? Who has time for that?”  But once you give it a try, you’ll see how fast and easy it can really be!

There are other approaches you can use with Project Life that I’ll be covering in my Demo Class tomorrow night. Why not RSVP and check it out?