Tuesday 9 April 2013

I too, am a Paper Pumpkin deviant

One of my all-time favourite SU blogs to read is by American demo, Jan Tink. Her samples are gorgeous, and her writing is downright hilarious. I laughed out loud when I read this post about her “deviance” from the original project that comes in the Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit.
Since I know deep down we all love being creative deviants, I wanted to share my own experiences with the little red box of joy that showed up at my house last month.
For the first card I stuck exactly to the instructions. I was done in under 3 minutes. How great is that for you folks who say you’re too busy to stamp?
2013-04-09 09.41.11
Card number two uses exactly the same supplies as the original card. I just played around with the orientation and layout:
2013-04-09 09.42.12
This next card was the most fun for me. My desk was getting a little messy (read: I wouldn’t have been able to see the cat if he had been sitting there!) so I challenged myself to make a card using only what was on my desk in addition to the Paper Pumpkin supplies. I liked how this turned out, and it’s much prettier in person. For some reason I can’t get my photo editing program to contrast the plum and the grey very nicely. Notice the big butterfly is punched from the patterned paper in the kit.
2013-04-09 09.42.55
One of the best things about Paper Pumpkin is once you use up all the supplies, you are still left with super-cute stamps! This last card uses only the stamps from the kit. I was inspired by Heather’s card, but just dug through my scrap bin to get a colour scheme going. Why do I never use Always Artichoke anymore? It’s a great colour!
2013-04-09 09.41.49
So there you have it! Four quick, cute cards and I still have enough left in my box for a few more projects. Viva la Paper Pumpkin!
2013-04-09 09.44.18
If you’re feeling sad you missed out, don’t be! You can still click here to sign up for April’s kit before Wednesday, April 10th. Don’t forget to tell them that deviant demo, Pam Perreault sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here to add some Ink to My Whiskers...